Network Install via LAN-CARDs

• Hallo!

Ich bin ein bischen analfabet was windows betrifft, abeer ich hoffe das ich mir vieleich weiter helfen könnt.

ich habe 4 PCs, sie sind alle mit lan cabeln verbunden, die zwei mittlere habe eine lan karte mehr, logish weil nur so geht es. Das netz funkzionier so einbandfrei. Nun habe ich mir auch internet besorg und habe in einen der mittleren PC-s eine karte mehr rein gesteckt, und have problem wie/who ich das internet verteilen kann an die anderen PCs. Ich konnte einiges einstellen. *Internet Gateway* Also ich kann mit allen PCs call of duty online spielen, aber IExplorer un Firefox vollen nich gehen. Was ist das problem?! ich denke mahl Proxy oder so enlich! :/

Danke für die hilfe......

*sorry for my deutsch...its awfull! :(*

• Hast Du denn in den verschiedenen Browsern Proxy-server angegeben?
    Ich denke nicht, dass es daran liegt. Du musst auf dem PC, der die Internet verbindung mit den anderen teilen soll, die Internetverbindungsfreigabe aktivieren. (Rechtsklick auf Netzwerkverbindung, dann unter Erweitert)

Hast du feste IPs verteilt?

[Laptop] Thinkpad X300 | Ubuntu 11.04 Natty
    [Server] VMware ESXi 5.0 | Supermicro X8SIL-F | Intel Xeon X3440 | 16GB Mushkin Proline PC3-10667E ECC | 2x3TB Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS @ zfs_mirror | LSI SAS 9211-4i

• Ja ich habe feste IPs verteilt....als ich mit google einen search gemacht habe wie ich das machen könnte....da war irgend was mit einen PROXY program dass ich auf den PC instalieren müßte der das internet verteilt. is das der fall?

*danke für die hilfe...und fröhliches neue jahr*

• Nein, Du musst keinen Proxyserver installieren. / U dont have to install a proxy server. Just engage the internet connection sharing of the network adapter on the computer which is providing the original connection to the internet :)

Frohes Neues Jahr ;)

[Server] VMware ESXi 5.0 | Supermicro X8SIL-F | Intel Xeon X3440 | 16GB Mushkin Proline PC3-10667E ECC | 2x3TB Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS @ zfs_mirror | LSI SAS 9211-4i

• The only problem is that it is shared...and it wont work on the other PCs. Is it possible that i have to set something in the IE or Firefox option, in the proxy tab?

Danke schön..... :saint:

• Well - i dunno how u configured ur network. If theres a proxy server within ur network uve to set the corresponding tab in the browser.
    Otherwise uve nothing to do beside enabling the sharing (which is obvioulsly already enabled correctly)

But u made some other mistakes. Im sorry i didnt tell u earlier but i just had a closer look at ur configuration.
    1) U can only connect a computer directly to another computer on which the internet connection sharing is enabled. Not passive via another computer using 2 Network cards!!
    Right now, there r 2 possibilities:

• only 2 of the 3 computers can use the internet connection of the 4th one
    • uve to buy a router or a switch (but more likely a router) and have all of the computers connected to it. Thats the most comfy possibility.

About ur problem of not getting a connection on the other 2 computers connected directly to the computer sharing the internet connection:

Try to ping the other 2 computers by using the command line of Windows on the host machine (start --> run --> cmd --> ping 192.168.1.1 (There u put the internal ips of the other 2 computers connected directly)

:)

• :( I dont know either what can be the problem. Btw, right now I tried only to install net on 3PCs, I wanted to install the net on the last one after its working on 3, but since you wrote me that is impossbile, one problem is solved. But still cant figure out what can be the problem....Its not a big problem, if internet works on at least the 3 pcs. :)

So maybe helpful setting that I made on the internet sharing PC:

As I told...3lan cards, one for internet, and two to the other pcs. I made a mac-bridge between the 2, which are the other pcs, and gave this bridge IP adress: 192.168.0.1. I gave no ip adress for the internet lancard, and I have shared the WAN miniport. And on the other pcs. I set also and ip, 192.168.0.2/3, and give also the internet gateway ip: 192.168.0.1, which is the mac-bridge ip adress. Now internet works on MSN, All-seeing Eye and on my antivirus, because it can refresh his database from the net, only IE/Firefox wont work......the last one, is working of course on the net-sharing pc only.

Maybe now I described my sittuation more clearly...what do I installed wrong???

• Now as u described ur network infrastructure more precisely - try the following:

Go to the connection-setup tab in Internet Explorer n click --> add a connection --> Broadband. Then a window pops up giving u the possibility to configure a proxy server (Use a proxyserver for this connection). do so.
    Enter the mac-bridge ip adress and the local port and try if it works.

btw... which operation system r u running ?

• Okay....I have found what you sad. But on which of the PCs shall i do this, becuase I done it on the internet sharing pc.

And im runnig on every pc WinXP Pro SP2.

Btw...I forgot to mention, but I also on the "connection tab" in IE, there is a button "LAN settings, there I set up the mac birdges adress, does this change anything?

*Danke....du bist ein :saint:*

• Zitat

Original von CLS
    Btw...I forgot to mention, but I also on the "connection tab" in IE, there is a button "LAN settings, there I set up the mac birdges adress, does this change anything?

No, that doesnt change anything because of its only affecting ur LAN (Local Area Network) and not the internet settings.

Did i get it right that other services (beside of browsers) r able to connect to the internet from the 2 other machines of?

Zitat

Original von CLS
    Okay....I have found what you sad. But on which of the PCs shall i do this, becuase I done it on the internet sharing pc.

No, uve to do it on the 2 pcs connected to the machine providing the internet connection. U dont have to set up a proxy server on that computer. If u did so, disable it and try if it works. Only if it does not work after having disabled the proxy server on that machine try the settings i described above on the other 2 pcs. Copy that? ;)

• Zitat

Original von ventuklotz
    Did i get it right that other services (beside of browsers) r able to connect to the internet from the 2 other machines of?

Lol....you got it right, i can use skype, msn and even call of duty is able to download form net updated.

Zitat

Original von ventuklotz
    No, uve to do it on the 2 pcs connected to the machine providing the internet connection. U dont have to set up a proxy server on that computer. If u did so, disable it and try if it works. Only if it does not work after having disabled the proxy server on that machine try the settings i described above on the other 2 pcs. Copy that? ;)

I tried what you wrote, but it not really working because it will always dial up...which is obviously impossible. :D
    Or did I missunderstud something? ;)

• Any idea what wrong. Btw...the 1st time that I installed the network, I tried to test it, and then the internet worked on the other PCs too, but then a I restarted, and didnt work, but since them I tried a lot of times to install, I reseted the current confog and reinstalled, but just wont work.

Ohh...before I forget, I use ZoneAlarm on the server PC, so maybe I try to disable it, maybe that whatmaking the big trouble. :rolleyes: